1.31.2013

My Favorite HOBY Experience....

Savanna Kicklighter

Ambassador Year: 2012
Frederica Academy

My favorite HOBY memory would definitely have to be riding the pony. All week we had heard about the pony, but nobody would spill the beans about what it was exactly. Rumors spread about it, such as it's relation to LaFawnda. When we got in the field and made a circle to ride the pony, it became clear to me what friendship and what HOBY was exactly about- it starts with one. It took one person to start the pony. It takes one person to step out of their comfort zone and make friends, as well as take up the role of leadership. I just remember waiting on someone to pick me to ride the pony, and I remember laughing hysterically with everyone around me as we sang the pony song. It was the perfect way to close our activities, and it was the perfect last bonding moment before we had to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment