1.14.2013

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
First Edition, January 14, 2013


Featured Alumna: Heidi Barrs '07

For the last 3 and a half years of my life, I've been at the grindstone, earning my B.S. in Psychology and my A.B. in Sociology at the University of Georgia. For the next two years of my life, I'll be at the grindstone, doing my best to ensure that a handful of Georgia's youth gets the same opportunity that I had. I will also be using my minor in Spanish to bring an excellent education to children of bilingual backgrounds in our state. I've recently accepted an offer from one of Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Employers to work for, Teach For America, to join their Metro Atlanta 2013 Corps. I am indescribably excited to move to Atlanta to start my career and begin work on closing the achievement gap in Georgia.

HOBY Info:

Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook GA HOBY Alumni
  • Follow us on Twitter @HOBY_GEORGIA
  • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page

Junior Staff
  • If you are interested in Junior Staff for GAHOBY 2013, stay on the lookout because those applications will be available mid to late February 

Hours
  • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY thinks you can.
  • Here is a way to put your volunteerism to work. Keep an eye out for a Facebook event coming soon for a chance to earn some hours, hang with alumni, and support Operation Christmas Child in March 

This Blog
  • And if you would like a "My favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter

  



No comments:

Post a Comment