1.31.2013


My Favorite HOBY Experience......

Clint Godwin 
Ambassador Year: 2012
Baconton Community Charter School

While everything about HOBY was amazing, this one memory in particular keeps OUTSTANDING in my mind.  The last official night of HOBY (and my last chance to show who I really am in front of 240+ sophomores) was the variety show. My team/group (GO RED LASERS) knew that I'm in a band and tried to convince me to sing in the show the whole weekend, but I said no repeatedly because I thought no one would like me.  Well, during the intermission of the variety show,  my AMAZING team leader (Adetinpo) convinced me to sing. And though I was nervous and didn't want to, I did. And I'm glad I did.  I feel like I got a pretty good reaction from the others.  In a way, that night changed my life. Since then, I'm not afraid to be myself. To stand out, and be who I'm meant to be: ME.  
Thanks HOBY, for everything y'all did for me, and for making a colossal difference in my life.  I hope that I'm blessed enough to go back for Junior Staff and help make that difference in another shy, quiet, introverted kid. So that he/she can truly be himself/herself without worrying about what anyone around thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment