1.28.2013

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Second Edition, January 28, 2013

Featured Alumnus: Taylor Heffner '09
For the past few years I have been involved with HOBY!! What can I say, it is an OUTSTANDING organization to be apart of!! We are all one big family!
I am in my final year at Andrew College, a two year school in South Georgia, working on my Athletic Training degree. You can often find me out on the softball field where I spend most of my time coaching first base for the Lady Tigers. I enjoy every minute of it and would not trade it for the world! Andrew College has made a huge impact on my life along with the whole team and the great coaches and trainers I get to work with everyday!
I can always go back and remember my HOBY roots when I was an Ambassador in 2009. Im feeling old just thinking about it !!

HOBY Info:

Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook GA HOBY Alumni
  • Follow us on Twitter @HOBY_GEORGIA
  • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page
Junior Staff
  • If you are interested in Junior Staff for GAHOBY 2013, stay on the lookout because those applications will be available mid to late February
Hours
  • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can.
  • Here is a way to put your volunteerism to work. Keep an eye out for a Facebook event coming soon for a chance to earn some hours, hang with alumni, and support Operation Christmas Child in March
  • Rachel's Challenge: http://www.rachelschallenge.org/:
    How is far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?


This Blog
  • And if you would like a "My favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter



No comments:

Post a Comment