7.28.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Seventy-Third Edition, July 28, 2016

Featured Alumna: Shelby Howard '12

Well y'all it is about that time, the HOBY withdraws have fully set in and the new school year is quickly approaching. I know many thoughts are running through your mind, the same thing happened to me back in 2012 when I attended HOBY as an ambassador: what is going to happen when I go back to school? Are people going to notice a difference in me? Are people going to understand what happened to me after just three days? In all honesty, most people will not understand. Nevertheless, that does not mean that what happened to you is not a great thing. HOBY has taught me numerous lessons over the years, the biggest being that just because people don't understand something doesn't make it any less important. HOBY is a very important organization to me, it has taught me life lessons, introduced me to some of my best friends and showed me who I truly was (which is a mixture of a whole slew of birds). However, when I tell people I am going to volunteer at a conference for 3 days, with minimal sleep and maximum energy, they do not understand. "Why would you give up that time?" is a question I have been asked on a few occasions. But none of this takes away from my experience that is HOBY. What you need to remember no matter what happens to you or what changes that live gives you, even though someone does not understand, there is someone out there that understands what you're going through and how special that even is.

Just know that each and every one of you is special and are here on this earth for a purpose, you have a light that shines bright and do not let people who cannot see it diminish it.

HOBY Info:
Georgia HOBY Store
Amazon Smile
  • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
  • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: HOBY Georgia
  • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
  • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
  • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
  • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
Hours
This Blog
  • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

No comments:

Post a Comment