9.12.2015

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Thirty-Eighth Edition, September 12, 2015

Featured Alumna: Adesola Thomas '14

I was raised in a household with a HOBY alum, my older sister, Adetinpo Thomas, and was hopeful throughout middle school that I too would attend the program. When I was chosen as my school’s 2014 ambassador, I was super excited but also slightly anxious. I feared that years of fantasizing about HOBY would make my actual experience fairly wack in comparison, but luckily I was wrong. HOBY gave me the opportunity not only to meet amazing people, but to fellowship with those amazing people. The weekend encouraged me to truly reflect on my abilities and think about how my abilities could be used to positively impact the people in my life. I have since served as Jr. Staffer at this Connecticut HOBY 2015 Seminar and I look forward to seeing what other magnificent fortune HOBY will allow me to experience in the future. HOBY HUGS.


HOBY Info:

Amazon Smile
  • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice!
  • Choose Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership as your charity!
Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
  • Follow us on Twitter: @HOBY_GEORGIA  
  • Follow us on Instagram: HOBY_GEORGIA
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
  • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
  • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
Hours
  • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2fdefault.aspx
  • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email gahobyalumniadvisor@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
  • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?
This Blog
  • If you would like a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

No comments:

Post a Comment