11.30.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Eighty-Third Edition, November 30, 2016

Featured Alumna: Mackenzie McCloud '12

     My name is MacKenzie McCloud and I am a junior currently attending Hampton University where I am studying nursing. I attended Hugh O’Brian Youth Program the summer of 2012 and retuned the summer of 2013 as a junior staff member. Being selected to represent my high school at HOBY became one of the major defining moments in the development of the young woman I am today. The leadership skills, networking, and friendships that I developed and experienced during my summers with HOBY has given me the confidence to challenge myself and not steer away from leadership roles. Since my attendance I have received multiple awards from Health Occupational Students of America in Epidemiology, became a member of the Freddye T. Davy Honors College, and selected to be a part of Hampton University’s Student Recruitment Team. These are a few highlights since my summers with HOBY. I encourage every student who is presented with the opportunity to attend the summer program to go. It will take you out of your comfort zone and it will cause to think. But that’s what leaders do. We push ourselves, we make opportunities for ourselves, and we give back. Hugh O’Brian Youth Program will give you the tools needed to become leader on whatever path you choose to take in life.


HOBY Info:
Georgia HOBY Store
Amazon Smile
  • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
  • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: HOBY Georgia
  • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
  • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
  • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
  • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
Hours
This Blog
  • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

1 comment:

  1. hobi hidroponik di http://hidroponik.bisnisant.web.id, kunjungi ya?

    ReplyDelete