5.31.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Sixty-Sixth Edition, May 31, 2016

Featured Alumna: Onyeka Zatta Aniemeka '10

     They say everything happens for a reason. Not only do I walk in this philosophy, but I stride in it. I was born on a peninsula in Nigeria, where I spent my youngest years. By grace, I was fortunate enough to move to the states, mostly for my studies and I have spent my formative years here. I tried to stay active in school, always looking for a way to get ahead. When my advisor told the class about HOBY, I missed the deadline. When I went back with my application, they told me an ambassador has already been chosen. Now, I am many things, and persistent is one of them. So in true fashion I respectfully stalked the administration at my high school until they agreed to send 2 ambassadors. Who knew that the summer of 2010 would change my life? I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am to HOBY for all the wonderful people I have met, the amazing lessons I have learned, the outstanding ambassadors that humbly me each summer, and the overwhelming sense of community we have as an organization.
     I am currently 22 and a rising senior at Kennesaw state University. I am majoring in international affairs as well as public relations. I currently hold the Event Coordinator position at Carl Black Automotive, Kennesaw division. With a schedule that can be intense at times, I always choose to make time in my summer for HOBY. For an organization that has thought me so much about others and myself, I will always be thankful. I have volunteered and served for the last five years, only missing one due to work, and faithfully returning as a facilitator this year! Also, I am happy to announce that I have accepted a facilitator position with HOBY CT (Connecticut) as well. I am hopeful and anxious to see what this organization has in store for me this year, and frankly, the rest of my life.

HOBY Info:

Amazon Smile
    • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
    • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
    Social Networking!!!
    • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
    • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
    • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
    • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
    • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
    • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
    • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
    • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
    Hours
    • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2f
    • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email gahobyalumniadvisor@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
    • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?
    This Blog
    • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
    • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment