5.22.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Sixty-Fifth Edition, May 22, 2016

Featured Volunteer: Kyle Niemann (First Seminar '12)

While attending Auburn I became friends with Shawn Mills. He eventually met his now wife Hilary. I always heard Hilary talking about HOBY and wearing her HOBY shirts. As I learned more it seemed more and more like something I wanted to get involved in. My first seminar was in 2012 and I remember on the drive home getting hit with an incredible feeling. We refer to this feeling as a “HOBY high”. I didn’t know what to expect my first time around as a facilitator, but all I knew was I wanted to keep coming back. While I never experienced HOBY as an Ambassador I have been lucky enough to keep coming back and watching the Ambassadors grow into the outstanding people they are today. I was also recently added to the Corporate Board as GA HOBY’s secretary and I am thrilled to be more involved with this organization and the direction we are going! 

HOBY Info:

Amazon Smile
    • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
    • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
    Social Networking!!!
    • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
    • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
    • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
    • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
    • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
    • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
    • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
    • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
    Hours
    • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2f
    • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email gahobyalumniadvisor@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
    • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?
    This Blog
    • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
    • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment