4.09.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Sixty-First Edition, April 9, 2016

Featured Alumna: Fajr DeLane '14


     I am a HOBY Ambassador of 2014, I have always known that eventually my hard work will pay off and continue to pay off. But I never knew that our world had a place where “HOBY” existed. I never knew that I could be surrounded with so much like minded, incredible, powerful and positive people who were just like me. I was so amazed when we as a human race got together no matter what race, religion or creed for the purpose of making our world a better place and becoming an incredible leader by first starting with our self, then our community and eventually the world. HOBY is my home, where I know I will meet and see people who are striving for greatness and want to inspire others. HOBY is a network, a family network of people who want to support greatness, HOBY is a beautiful family that I am so blessed to be a part of and help contribute to the inspiration of High School Sophomores. This year I had the honor of returning to HOBY as a Junior Staffer and being part of the 2015 Social Media Team for GA NorthWest, what I learned at HOBY this year was that our staff was determined to give "MAGIC" to the ambassadors, while we(staff) received the "MAGIC" that was enlightened in them.
     I am so thrilled to have launched my ''F3''~Fun.Fit.Fabulous! clinic for young girls from the ages of 7-14. "F3" is all about developing each individual to be their ultimate best. An amazing way I found to accomplish that is by having fun, being fit and of course being your fabulous self. The one day clinic consisted of yoga, setting vision boards, and having a guest speaker from the University of Georgia come teach the youth about the importance of nutrition. Also, we had dancing, our glam squad (volunteers who did the girls nails, hair, clothes etc.) and ended the day off with a fabulous FASHION SHOW! I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this without the help of Allah, my family, mentors, HOBY and volunteers. Thank you so much for all the support and love! Can't wait to see what the future holds Insha'Allah (God Willing)! Let's continue to make GREAT CHANGE in our world! Always remember my people, stay Fun Fit & Fabulous! If you ever are contemplating about serving and or living out your dreams, just ask yourself, “If not me, then who…” So everyone in your own way, Empower. Lead. Excel!


HOBY Info:

Amazon Smile
    • If your shop at Amazon, the switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
    • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
    Social Networking!!!
    • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
    • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
    • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
    • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
    • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
    • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
    • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
    • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
    Hours
    • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2f
    • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email gahobyalumniadvisor@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
    • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?
    This Blog
    • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
    • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment