2.23.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Fifty-Sixth Edition, February 23, 2016

Featured Alumna: Bliss McMichael '05

It’s hard to believe that I have been involved with HOBY for more than 10 years! My experiences as an ambassador and volunteer have been nothing short of life-changing. No one would have thought that HOBY would turn a once shy high school sophomore into the self-proclaimed “Queen of the Banana Cheer.”

Over the years, many people have asked me, “What is HOBY?” It is often difficult to sum up HOBY in a few words, but for me, HOBY is home. It is the place where I feel most like myself, where I am challenged to be the best version of myself, and where I am encouraged to pursue my dreams. The support system that I have gained through HOBY has been invaluable throughout high school, college, and pharmacy school. 

My passion for leadership can be attributed primarily to my involvement with HOBY. I have witnessed how HOBY empowers youth to become more effective leaders, innovators, and members of society. As a volunteer, I have had the opportunity to encourage students to be instrumental leaders in their homes, schools, and communities, yet they have left a bigger impact on me through sharing their passion for life and motivation for change.

I am forever grateful to have been a part of HOBY for the past 11 years, and I look forward to many more years of service with the program!  



HOBY Info:

Amazon Smile
    • If your shop at Amazon, the switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
    • Choose Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (Atlanta, GA) as your charity!
    Social Networking!!!
    • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
    • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
    • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
    • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
    • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
    • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
    • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
    • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
    Hours
    • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2f
    • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email gahobyalumniadvisor@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
    • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?
    This Blog
    • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
    • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment