10.30.2016

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Eighty-First Edition, October 30, 2016

Featured Alumna: Sydney McRee '06


   As I reflect on my HOBY experience, it's hard to believe that it has been ten years since my parents dropped me off at Oglethorpe University while Junior Staffers were loudly cheering and beating on my car screaming "Welcome to HOBY!!". 
   I think one of the reasons it's so hard to believe that my Ambassador year was 10 years ago is because HOBY isn't just a specific life event--it doesn't end on Sunday afternoon at Closing Ceremony--HOBY truly is a way of life.
   Howard Thurman once said "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come Alive." That's what HOBY does--it inspires young leaders to come alive by exploring their passions and plants the seeds to cultivate a culture of leadership among them. 

   HOBY equipped me with the tools to become even more involved as a leader in my local community throughout the remainder of high school, college and beyond. Seminars throughout the years and the friends that I have made through HOBY have served as a constant inspiration and reminder to lead with a vision fueled by what I am passionate about.  My passion is helping others and serving the community. The importance of servant leadership was instilled in me at a young age, and HOBY helped to remind me that by following that passion I can make a difference. 

HOBY Info:
Georgia HOBY Store
Amazon Smile
  • If you shop at Amazon, then switch to Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2861279). It is the exact same website, but 0.5% of purchases will be donated to a charity of your choice.
  • Choose HOBY Georgia (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership) as your charity!
Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: HOBY Georgia
  • Follow us on Twitter: @GA_HOBY  
  • Follow us on Instagram: hoby_georgia
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Follow us on SnapChat: hobygeorgia
  • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
  • Check out our YouTube channel: HOBY Georgia
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers
Hours
This Blog
  • If you would like post a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" in the future on this blog, then email gahobyfundraising@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

No comments:

Post a Comment