4.28.2015

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Thirty-Second Edition, April 28, 2015

Featured Alumna: Evie Scogin '03


Friendships. Community. Leadership. Teamwork. Positivity. Potential. Talent. Respect.

These are some of the words that come to mind when I think about HOBY. As a high school sophomore, I never could have known how greatly this organization would impact my life. At the seminar, I learned about my ability to make a difference, became more confident, and realized the importance of accepting others for their own unique personalities and skills. I learned that sometimes being a leader means that you have to be a follower, and knowing the difference between those times is when you can accomplish great things. I carried those lessons throughout my college career in Architecture school at Auburn and into my professional career now as an Interior Designer with THW Design, a mid-sized firm in Atlanta. I work with people and clients from all over the United States, developing senior living facilities that embrace hospitality and home-like environments. I have volunteered off and on with HOBY for eleven years. I have made wonderful friends and continue to learn something new each time I volunteer. I love leading a group of teenage students and seeing them go from strangers to teammates to friends. HOBY truly is a bond that cannot be broken, and its lessons can be applied throughout every phase of life.
HOBY Info:
Kroger Community Rewards Program
  • If you have a Kroger Plus Card, send some dollars to HOBY through this program!
  • Keep it up, all the funds ensure the best seminars possible!

Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
  • Follow us on Twitter: @HOBY_GEORGIA  
  • Follow us on Instagram: HOBY_GEORGIA
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Check our the website: www.gahoby.org
  • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers

Hours
  • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2fdefault.aspx
  • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email lutzofun@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
  • How far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?

This Blog
  • If you would like a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

No comments:

Post a Comment