8.23.2013

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Seventh Edition, August 23, 2013

Featured Alumna: Hannah Ki Bass '06


Before it was just something that may or not be fun, but would probably look good on my college application. It turned out to be an amazing experience. My HOBY story started in 2006, I wrote an essay on leadership and was chosen by my school to attend as an Ambassador from Colquitt County. Since then, I’ve been involved with HOBY as a part of both junior and senior staff. HOBY challenged me to take my passions and use them to better my community. There was a standing exercise used to demonstrate statistics, and as I stood in representation of my subgroup a mini advocate was born. As such in high school I logged over 500 volunteer hours at a woman’s crisis pregnancy center, HOPE House. HOBY had challenged me. As a college student (Asbury) I traveled to 13 different countries and worked with orphanages and abused women. HOBY helped drive me. Now I sit at my computer telling my story, excited for a HOBY reunion with other planners in this family for the chance the meet you! To pass it along so that you might have the chance to be OUTSTANDING!!!!


    HOBY Info:

    Social Networking!!!
    • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
    • Follow us on Twitter: @HOBY_GEORGIA  
    • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page
    • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers

    Hours
    • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2fdefault.aspx
    • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email lutzofun@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
    •  How is far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?

    This Blog
    • If you would like a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
    • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

    No comments:

    Post a Comment