4.01.2013


Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Third Edition, April 1, 2013

Featured Alumnus: Jason Hatfield '11

HOBY was an OUTSTANDING experience for me, and has helped me step up as a leader in my community. Currently I’m a senior at Athens Academy, finishing up my plans for college.
HOBY has indeed helped me to stand up as a leader in my community. I am currently the director of our Relay for Life team and team captain of my swim team and one of the captains of our Track and Field team, where I lead the pole-vaulters. In addition, I started a foster home for animals this past year, where I have now hosted over 25 animals and have helped them find their new homes. Moreover, in a few short weeks, I will be publishing a paper to the science community on the avian flu virus. I am an active leader in the Boy scouts, having earned my Eagle award, and have led my local Order of the Arrow chapter, scouting’s honor society, for the past 2 years. I actively promote leadership, mainly through scouting, where I help teach younger scouts the responsibilities of leadership, and use much of what I learned at HOBY as examples to be a better teacher. I look forward to an OUTSTANDING college experience; I plan to double major in Genetics and Animal Science, and then go on to get a DVM in Veterinary Medicine.


HOBY Info:

Social Networking!!!
·                     Find us on Facebook GA HOBY Alumni
·                     Follow us on Twitter @HOBY_GEORGIA
·                     Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page

Junior Staff
·                     April 8th is when the decisions come! Stay on the lookout

Hours
·                     Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can.
·                     Rachel's Challenge: http://www.rachelschallenge.org/
·                     How is far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?

This Blog
·                     And if you would like a "My favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
·                     Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment