5.11.2011

testimony tuesday.3

I know it's technically Wednesday, but "testimony wednesday" doesn't have the same ring. Enjoy hearing about this HOBY influence from one of GA HOBY's most dedicated volunteers...

"What does HOBY mean to me? The better question is, what does HOBY not mean to me? Entering into the 9th year since my seminar, HOBY has become such an integral part of my life that I couldn't even imagine who I would be without it.  HOBY has taught me many things over the years of volunteering, from being able to really listen to others to understanding that we are never done growing as leaders to humbling ourselves (that last one, I'm still working on! :D ). HOBY has given me my family! The people I work with throughout the year to put on our seminar aren't just volunteers or friends, they are the people I first turn to when something goes wrong or goes great! Whether we go to the Braves' game or have Glinner (yes that's a combo of Glee and Dinner), we see each other all the time!  If I could tell my 16 year old self one thing, it would be, "Your world is about to change forever. Embrace it!" Hind sight is 20/20, so now I have the opportunity and privilege to look at current 16 year old kids and say, "Your world has forever changed because you took the chance to attend a program that looks at each person and tells them, 'I believe in you!'" That's what HOBY means to me!"
-Cameron "Daddy Cam" Bridges
GA HOBY Alum 03


Cameron receives an OUTSTANDING staff member HOBY blog award because of all the hard work and sass he has put into this program, especially this year! There is so much effort that goes on behind the scenes by many dedicated volunteers, and Cameron is a prime example of someone who gives his all to Georgia HOBY. Thanks for all that you do, Daddy Cam!! It is so appreciated! HOBY love!

1 comment: