2.27.2015

Georgia HOBY Newsletter:
Twenty-Ninth Edition, February 27, 2015

Featured Alumna: Sarah Marie Tonsmeire '04



Even though it's been nearly eleven years since I was an ambassador with HOBY, I can vividly remember my time as an ambassador, and some of the important takeaways HOBY provided. As for most, HOBY was a life-changing experience for me, and truly helped shape the person I am today. From learning to speak in front of others, to adapting to different personality styles, to respecting the differences in others, HOBY provided insights to life that I continue to use each and every day. Since my ambassador days, I have been a steady volunteer with HOBY, serving in many different roles. It perhaps eventually led me to my career today. Currently, I serve as the Development and Volunteer Coordinator at The Center for Family Resources, a non-profit organization in Marietta that works to prevent homelessness, and serve those who have fallen victim to homelessness by working with them to become self-sufficient. Every day is like a new HOBY service project. Even though time passes quicker than we’d all like, HOBY is something that stays around a lifetime. Recently, I attended an event with over 5000 attendees. Through Twitter, I was able to connect with a HOBY alum who happened to be sitting across the room. Once we talked, it was like we had been lifetime friends because of the HOBY connection. It’s definitely a small world out there. To sum it up, I’ll leave you with a favorite quote that came to me through HOBY. "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader." -John Quincy Adams I am a 2009 alum of Berry College with a B.S. Degree in Marketing and Psychology. Aside from working, I can be found volunteering with Ducks Unlimited, traveling, visiting NASCAR tracks, or spending time on the family farm.


HOBY Info:
Kroger Community Rewards Program
  • If you have a Kroger Plus Card, send some dollars to HOBY through this program!
  • Keep it up, all the funds ensure the best seminars possible!

Social Networking!!!
  • Find us on Facebook: GA HOBY Alumni
  • Follow us on Twitter: @HOBY_GEORGIA  
  • Follow us on Instagram: HOBY_GEORGIA
  • Follow us on Vine: Georgia HOBY
  • Feel free to send quotes to lutzofun@gmail.com to be put onto the Twitter page
  • Check out http://hobycheers.wikidot.com/list-of-hoby-cheers for awesome cheers

Hours
  • Keep logging them! Can you accomplish the 100 Hour Challenge? Georgia HOBY knows that you can. Here is the place to do so: https://reg.hoby.org/HOBYL4S/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fHOBYL4S%2fdefault.aspx
  • Need ideas for Volunteering projects? Email lutzofun@gmail.com, check the HOBY website: hoby.org, and/or research into what your community needs!
  • How is far has your Chain Reaction of Kindness reached?

This Blog
  • If you would like a "My Favorite HOBY Experience" Blog Post to be posted in the future on this blog then, email lutzofun@gmail.com also with your response!
  • Be on the lookout for the next Newsletter or My Favorite HOBY Experience Post

No comments:

Post a Comment